I have high hopes of this being my last pregnancy (pleasepleasepleaseplease), so I thought it'd be fun to actually keep a record of what it's like for me...you know, for kids.
I can usually tell right about the day something implants. People may think I'm crazy, but it's true. A day or two after that and I get hungry every two hours. Some may do that normally, but I haven't actually felt real hunger in a LONG time, so when all of the sudden I really need to eat, something is up.
With my first, Parker, I remember craving something salty, which I didn't usually eat, so right away I knew it was a boy. This time no cravings yet. I am assuming that is due to my healthy life-style and eating habits, but we'll see. Fruits sounds good, but they always do.
I was shopping with a friend right around when implantation should have happened. We stopped and ate a very nice sized lunch (veggies and chicken), and not more than three hours later I wanted to eat...really bad. So yeah, I kinda figured.
Along with the hunger, comes urinating often. Some could say it's because I'm eating more...but it's just not so. Nor was it because I was drinking more. I drank the same amount, and a lot more than that was coming out, more often. This is really obnoxious because I wake up in the night too. Although lately I'm too tired to get up, so I toss and turn for hours because I can't wake up enough to get out of bed!! Super obnoxious. I have tried to drink more...but winter doesn't help me with water consumption.
Then comes fatigue. That's not right away, but pretty quick. I'm TIRED. I am coming off of the energy of my life...I could go the whole day! I feel like I hit a brick wall when I wake up. My legs are tired, my body is tired. Already I can't wait to have my energy back!!
Possibly before fatigue comes MOODINESS. Holy crap am I grumpy! That's pretty much the clue-in for me. PMS is bad for me, but usually I can handle other people. Not when I'm pregnant. I'd like to give everyone a piece of my mind. Sadly, my family gets it. It's really hard. It will last 9 months...heaven help us all.
Another one is heart burn. Luckily it hasn't been bad yet, but at night I have had it, and I notice it more when I can't fall asleep right away.
If it was just the heart burn and moodiness I'd figure it was just PMS, but the addition of the other things is sure-fire that we've conceived.
I'll admit I'm worried about miscarriage this time (not like that's new), but I guess it's more likely after birth control of any kind. I hope that last 'almost' pregnancy will be the miscarriage. I kinda figure since we are playing God on this one and really only 'went for it' so quick because of the hopeful birth date of 11/11/11, our chances are high that God will show us who's boss. I also kinda wonder because I'm not sick at all. It seems like my stomach feels yucky fairly quickly usually, but maybe that's different because I'm healthier...we'll just have to wait.
That's the first month. And boy am I grumpy today. I did work out. I did take a nap. I did vacuum. I did tell at least one, possibly two children I loved them...and the day isn't over yet, so it's not a complete loss.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jenn,
ReplyDeleteBeing pregnant is SSOOOOO HARD!! I am truly sorry you are going through all these miserable symptoms. When I was pregnant with Ruby I felt like I'd always been pregnant and I forever would be.
Thanks for the candid posts about your struggle with depression and motherhood. When I hear of others' stories I feel better knowing that I'm not alone. I'm not happy that you have a hard time, but I do feel strength knowing that you are trying so hard to win! Maybe I can too!
I am grateful that we've been friends for so long! I recall when my dad was being a freak and you really supported me! You made me a tape of that song by The Pretenders: I'll Stand By You. Every time since then I think of you when I hear that song. I'm comforted knowing there are people in this world who care about me. I am not alone.
I love you!!!