I am really doing well this week and love life and kids even! We've had fun playing games and being together, which is wonderful. I also have an amazing blessing of patience like I've never experienced. Spencer was vomiting on the kitchen floor while I was feeding Lelia (he threw up 9 more times that night), and after a moment of stress, I realized it wasn't a big deal...love the poor guy, then clean up when I can...no biggie (plus I have a sinus infection, so I couldn't smell ANYTHING. Probably helped a lot). He went upstairs and did it again. Still no stress from me, I just knew I'd be cleaning more, and that I'd keep him close by me for a while!! Parker and Tyson showed me how AMAZING they are during it all! They emptied the bucket and got new clothes for him...and they help with everything else.
Parker is notorious for hating to clean, but with my positive way of asking him, he has risen to the occasion and really helped a lot. Josh and I complimented him and Tyson for their amazing help tonight--I think they liked it :)
Earlier this week I had to run quick and pick up Kaden from a birthday party. Since it was so close I didn't feel like it was worth it to pack Lelia in the car...so I left her in Tyson's care (yup, risky right there). When I pulled in the garage he opened the door holding the baby...which was a little weird cause I had left her in the bouncer and told him to just talk to her and keep her happy. Well, seems Spencer found out the catapulting abilities of the bouncer. Nope, she wasn't buckled in, and that might have been best. The seat flew forward and she hit her head on the hard wood floor. Had she been stuck in the seat, she would have still hit the floor, but Tyson would have had a chore getting her out to hold her. He's such a good kid under pressure! And no, she wasn't crying when I got home...what a good brother!
Kaden has had a couple rough days, one after eating a cupcake (I have such a love/hate relationship with gluten). Overall though, he WANTS to be a good boy, and that makes all the difference. Just today he said to me, "I love you. I didn't tell you that yet." I'm pretty sure he had, but how much joy my little heart feels when he makes sure he tells me multiple times a day.
Spencer, well, this week has been rough with his tummy being sick, but nice because it has mitigated his energy level. My new approach with him is to ask if what he is doing is naughty or mean, because he understands those. He'll answer honestly, so then usually he'll also stop if it is. I'm also trying to give him and Kaden more attention when they are being good, and I'm redirecting Spencer all the time, which seems to be working. It IS a lot of work for me, but I'm happier, so it's worth it!!
Lelia is sleeping 6+ hours at a time, and we're stretching it to 8, and she is so happy and started giggling yesterday...it was SO funny and adorable. I was being irresponsible and feeding her in the car (we were on a tight schedule, so I justified it). She was already distracted looking and smiling at me, which was making me laugh, and then when we went over speed bumps, for some reason she thought that was pretty funny, so she laughed. Loved it! Later she laughed for my mom too, who was talking to her and tickling her lips with her binkie. Stages are so fun!
Life is simple and joyful, and that overwhelmed feeling comes and goes a lot quicker.
We had our last therapy session last week. We graduated :)!!! He said we are a great couple; he and we feel confident we'll be able to practice our new skills and just keep improving everything. It has helped me so much even with the kids...it's hard to say it was worth ALL we paid, but it was worth money!!
I feel so blessed.
I think the last year, which takes the cake for the worst I can recall, is being overshadowed with the joy of this one so far! I have plenty of motivation to make it last....and plans in place already!
I feel like this is half-way a confession of irresponsible parenting. Wow. Then again, welcome to FIVE kids...oldest being 7 1/2 and being in survival mode--all the time.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY! I am glad things are going well. Yes, five kids...the joys! I am so happy you have a little girl. Not that all boys would be bad, for sure! I have just loved having my girls and I am sad they are going to kindergarten this fall! Love you Jenn!
ReplyDelete